Thursday, March 3, 2016

Latest Unboxing

Hello everyone.  Sorry for the delay.  It has been a good few couple of weeks.  A lot has happened in regards to beekeeping.  First thing is that I got all of my hive components painted.  My wife Jen selected the color and I think it looks fantastic. This first picture is an in progress shot

It doesn't do the color justice. I just wanted to show the progress a little.  This next picture has all the pieces ready to go.  They are stacked that way just so I ensure they didn't stick together.  It does a better job of showing the color.  They are a pale almost robin egg blue in person.


The next big news is that we got another shipment from Brushy Mountain Bee Farm.
It had a surprise for Ronan in it.  It was his "Wee Bee" Suit.  It is a perfect fit and he is very excited.
It also contained another hood for me, that zips to my current jacket.  That enables me to have the separate veil for any visitors to use.  This is both of us suited up.


Also in the package were eyelets and crosswire for my frames.  This is a vital component if I ever intend to use an extractor.  It will keep the honeycomb from blowing out. The video of the unboxing can be found here.  I apologize in advance for the poor framing.  I am still trying to figure this all out.  Hopefully by the time I am working with the bees I will have it down and will provide some great videos.

We are excited to get started. I purchased my first package of bees last night and I will pick them up on April 9th or 10th (weather allowing).  Then we are up and running.



2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I want some beeswax, and then I'll make you all some products to send back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I want some beeswax, and then I'll make you all some products to send back!!!

    ReplyDelete